Years ago, my friend Sarah started Awkward and Awesome Thursdays as a way to highlight the good, bad, and ridiculous about life. I have decided to bring it back as a way to sum up my 2019 thus far, and a way to have a little weekly fun. So, without further ado…
- WordPress changing things and the amount of time it took to figure out how to make bullet points.
- Random health issues have led to just a lot of drama (doctor’s appointments, surgery, etc). Even at my follow up last night, my doctor said my body was weird.
- My inability to read since finishing grad school. My ability to focus is ridiculously low right now.
- How I picked an “easy” word for 2019 and that word – joy – has been almost comically elusive.
- Changing friendships: I know it’s part of the cycle, but man, it’s hard.
- My new license photo: why is smiling so horrible to the government?
- Finishing Grad school and finally getting my diploma in the mail. I’m officially a librarian without a library!
- Getting asked to direct a play with MCCT. I am excited to stretch my behind-the-scenes wings a little.
- Teaching with the Bloomington Academy of Film and Theatre. It’s not something I expected, but I’m loving it (and having a ton of fun).
- Deepening friendships. As some change, some get even deeper and more authentic, which is energizing!
- Discovering Color Street! I love having pretty nails, even when everything else is falling apart!
- My favorite Arepa place is finally open again. I love food, what can I say?
- Getting ready for vacation! I love traveling with my husband
- Live theater: Hamilton, Something Rotten, Price is Right Live, Finding Neverland, School of Rock, the King and I…it’s a good life!
What’s been awesome and awkward in your life?