It happened. One Girl came. One Girl went. I have about a thousand mixed feelings that I can’t quite put into words about the whole weekend-the whole experience-the whole reason behind One Girl. This will be my last Made a Difference Monday post about One Girl (for now). Here’s what I learned about making a difference and running a conference.
- Everyone needs to feel like they are important. Simple things like smiles, hugs and eye contact make all the difference in the world.
- Being nice is easy. Truly loving people requires commitment and sacrifice.
- You are only as good as your team, so surround yourself with amazing people and make sure they know you couldn’t do it without them.
- Be gracious and kind. Everyone is fighting a hard battle.
- Expectations can determine reality.
- Never go into a weekend like this thinking you’ve got it all figured out.
- Expect the unexpected. And then learn to embrace it.
- Giving of your time is one thing. Giving of your heart is something else entirely.
- Smile and laugh a lot.
Next week will be back to regularly scheduled #madmlinkup fun. Right now i’m just too tired from one of the best weekends ever!