Top Ten Characters I Would Want With Me On A Deserted Island
Wow. This is a hard one. There are so many great characters that I love and would want to be a part of my life-saving, life-changing desert island adventure. Here are my Top Ten:
- Josephine Hemlock from Natalie Whipple’s House of Ivy and Sorrow. Jo is smart, resourceful, magical and willing to do anything for her friends. She understands that life demands sacrifice and knows how to fight the baddies.
- Professor McGonagall from Harry Potter. She’s smart, sassy and has been around long enough to know more than just a few ways to build a fire, find shelter and the like. Plus, she can transfigure herself. That has to come in handy somehow.
- Jamie Frazier from Outlander. Scottish, smart, handsome…strong and stubborn. He’d keep us all safe. Plus he’s strong enough to make and wield his own axe.
- Karou from The Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Mystical, magical, the leader of a rebellion and the hero of another world. Plus, blue hair.
- Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles. Part human, part machine, all passion. We could pass the days and nights reading, talking and plotting what we’ll do when we ever get off this crazy island.
- Kat from Fangirl. We would talk books forever, write our own Fanfic and realize that being stranded on a desert island may not be the worst thing in the world.
- Andy Dufrane from The Shawshank Redemption. If he can break out prison and start a new life, surely he can help get us off the island.
- Perry from Through the Ever Night. He’s lived in the wild. He knows what is safe to eat, how to make clothes, shoes and food, and is rugged and rough.
- Elisa from The Girl of Fire and Thorns. She knows true guts come from within, prophesy about your or not.
- Princess Buttercup from The Princess Bride. She’s all sass and love and romance.
What about you?